The digitization of production lines requires new and flexible communication networks. However, wireless solutions have not yet met the requirements for real-time communication and data transmission is still cable based. Therefore, Fraunhofer IPMS has developed the Grathus system. It allows real-time wireless communication based on Fraunhofer IPMS Li-Fi technology. Due to the necessary line-of-sight connection, LiFi offers significantly higher data security than conventional wireless network accesses. The Grathus system combines the advantages of cable based communication infrastructure with the flexibility and low installation effort of wireless data transmission.
• Data rate: up to 1 Gbit/s
• Full Duplex, Bidirectional
• Data transport Distance: up to 5 m
• Alignment: 10 cm spot in 5 m distance
• Point-to-Point communication
• Real-time compatible for Profinet, EtherCat, TSN-Ethernet, etc.
• Connectivity: RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
• 66. 5 mm x 45 mm x 85 mm