The digitization of production lines requires new and flexible communication networks. However, wireless solutions have not yet met the requirements for real-time communication and data transmission is still cable based. Therefore, Fraunhofer IPMS has developed the Grathus® system. It allows real-time wireless communication based on Fraunhofer IPMS Li-Fi technology. Due to the necessary line-of-sight connection, LiFi offers significantly higher data security than conventional wireless network accesses. The Grathus® system combines the advantages of cable based communication infrastructure with the flexibility and low installation effort of wireless data transmission.
• Data rate: up to 1 Gbit/s
• Full Duplex, Bidirectional
• Data transport Distance: up to 5 m
• Alignment: 10 cm spot in 5 m distance
• Point-to-Point communication
• Real-time compatible for Profinet, EtherCat, TSN-Ethernet, etc.
• Connectivity: RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
• 66. 5 mm x 45 mm x 85 mm